When having a business that is based solely online, providing excellent creative content is usually a general rule in your marketing plan.
Content marketing is the creation of something that intrigues your end users, and can give them something to benefit from, or the mere joy of reading. More importantly, content marketing can drive traffic to your website, provide prospects, and engage clients, new and old.
Below are 10 tips that can help you in your content marketing:
1. Provide an e-newsletter. Structure a newsletter that will benefit your customers. Include tips, news, events, and special offers that relate to your industry. Also, you might want to include things that pertain to your own company. However, send e-newsletters on a schedule, possibly once a month basis so that you don’t get labeled as spam and lose subscribers.
2. Develop a white paper. Research a problem that occurs in your industry and address those issues in your white paper.
3. Publish a “how-to” guide. Research ways to do things better pertaining to your industry or niche and make a “how-to” guide.
4. Provide educational postings on your blog. If you come across a topic related to your field that is lengthy in information, develop several blog postings on the topic as an educational series. This can drive people back to your blog over and over. Everyone enjoys learning, don’t they?
5. Use Squidoo to create lenses. You can showcase your know-how and expertise by making lens on a topic of your choice. This will certainly send abundant traffic to your site.
6. Make an eBook. Take an interesting topic, or several, and turn it into a short eBook. If you have done an educational blog posting in a series format, you can put these together and make an eBook as well.
7. Make a video. You don’t have to be a professional to make a short video. For example, Windows movie maker would work great. Get several photographs together and insert into a movie maker program, add some voice-overs with a Sound Recorder Tool and Bam! You have a video to post.
8. Podcast anyone? If you have the know-how or the tools to do this, they can be quite interesting and fun. These can include updates from the work office, interesting things about your hometown, or anything related to your industry. Providing interesting content is number one.
9. Public speaking. Get involved in local marketing conventions or seminars that are in your area. Volunteer to speak about your business and strategies. Make sure you have a business card to hand out and in-turn, get email addresses from others attending the conference.
10. Creative headlines. When composing articles or content for your website or blog, make sure each article has a well-developed, short and creative headline to go with it. Creative headlines grab people’s attention and make them want to read the article. Think of all the headlines you see passing through your local grocery store check-out aisle. Use some of those for inspiration.
These tips are surely a great help for ideas to incorporate into your marketing plan and they definitely help to drive traffic to your business website. There are also many other things you can do, but this is a great start. Good luck!
What are some your techniques for driving traffic?