Your virtual assistant services would like to provide you some great tips and tricks that will make your blogging more efficient, quick, fun and easier. We know how time consuming blogging can be, especially for virtual assistants who handle a variety of tasks for many professionals, and anything that can help us along the way is always welcomed and appreciated information.
This article is from one of our dear friends, Michelle Mangen who owns and operates The Virtual Assist. Her article is packed full of great advice and time saving tips for blogging and social media.
Read on to learn how you can incorporate this valuable information that will help your social media campaign and blogging schedule.
On Wednesday I attended the Social Media Rock Star event in Green Bay. By far my favorite class was the one taught by Todd Lohenry, the reformed German teacher and #1 Twitter in Algoma, WI (admittedly there are only 8 people from Algoma on Twitter).
Aside from being really funny he was hurling out so many good tips on how to make blogging quicker and more efficient that I quit Tweeting for #smrockgb and started an email to myself with all the things I wanted to look into when I got home.
- If you use Google Reader to get ideas and inspiration for your own blog posts then you want to get through the content as quick as possible. Use these GOOGLE READER SHORTCUTS (I just copied the information from Google’s FAQ into a document so you can easily save this PDF on your own machine)
- Feedly allows you to put your RSS feeds into a magazine type format (I love the Feedly FireFox Add-On for tweeting articles quickly – if you don’t have this one, do it now….you will thank me for the time it saves you in Tweeting)
- ScribeFire FireFox Add-On – hey, I’m using it now for the first time – it allows you to write posts without going into the backend of your WordPress
- Zemanta FireFox Add-On – couple this with #3 and you have the absolute coolness of having Zemanta pick up related articles, YouTube videos, etc. and incorporate them into your post (just look at the bottom of mine). It also allows you to find images to insert and will always give credit where credit is due!
- Zemanta WordPress Plugin – helps with tagging your post
I can’t tell you how to use all of them yet…but a future post will give more insight as I get more familiar and comfortable with them myself.
Gasp…you missed “Be a Social Media Rockstar” event in Green Bay? Hop over to this post and read more about it.
Related articles by Zemanta:
- 7 Time Saving Firefox Add-ons
- Feedly Mini Learns How to Search
- Top 5 Ways to Use Social Media/Technology for Good
- Google Reader Gets Updated; Now More Social
Your Everything Services wants to extend a huge thank you to our friend Michelle! She has provide some great tips that we will incorporate into our blogging and we hope you have found them as helpful as we have.
Readers, what are some of your tips and tricks for making blogging easier? Do you outsource this task or do you find you would rather do it yourself? Share your knowledge and let us know what saves you the most time and at the same time becoming more efficient.
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle’s vast talents and expert skills in accounting, bookkeeping and Excel, far exceed the average assistant’s scope of knowledge; thereby further enhancing not only her backend office, but those of her clients. Extending administrative and other remote admin services to her global client base, Michelle creates personalized virtual assistant solutions for each and every client, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction, loyalty and professionalism.
Her core services are: Social Media Management, Aweber, WordPress site management, Bookkeeping and Excel spreadsheets. Additionally she offers administrative services as well.
In an effort to stay current in the ever changing online world, Michelle is consistently attending a variety of seminars and webinars, in addition to scrutinizing the Internet for the newest techniques on Social Media, time-saving applications, or administrative software to bring you only the best in services and virtual solutions.